Last modified: July 22, 2020
KOMIDAZ INC., doing business as KOMIDAZ (“Company” or “We“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Komidaz app (the “App“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App, in email, text, through social media and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App and social media.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Information Collection by Third Parties).
Our websites and apps, and these other third parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 16
The App is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
- From commercially available databases of personal information we purchase from time to time.
Information we collect automatically about you or your device may be combined with other personal information we collect directly.
Information You Provide to Us
Personal and other information. When you download, register with, or use this App, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, demographic information, social media account information, credit card information, mobile payment information, or any other information the App collects that is defined as person or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, including any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
How you provide information to us. You may provide information to us by filling out forms on the App, including when registering to use the App, upon each use of the App, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the App.
Categories of Information and Why We Collect It. The information you provide us may include:
- Contact and Profile Information. This includes such information as your name, phone number, e-mail address, and physical address, photograph, social media accounts, user names and passwords, birthday (and language preference).
Purpose: We use this information to (i) create your account and tailor it to your personal preferences, (ii) notify you of the status of your orders, (iii) offer promotions and other services aligned with your preferences, (iv) notify you of improved features and changes to our services and policies, (v) resolve complaints and provide other customer service, and (vi) conduct surveys and other research and (vii) to create databases of information that we may sell to third party advertisers, sellers, service providers and other third-parties.
- Communication Information. This includes records and copies of your correspondence (including by email, phone, physical mail, chat, and through social media), your responses to surveys, your reviews of restaurants and food, your use of “favorites” functions and your comments about the App.
Purpose: We use this information (i) to answer your questions and address your concerns, (ii) to improve our services, (iii) to create databases of information that we may sell to third party advertisers, sellers, service providers and other third parties.
- Financial Information. This includes credit card, debit card and mobile payment information.
Purpose: We use this information (i) to process your orders, (ii) to complete other transactions you request, and (iii) for fraud prevention. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App.
- Transaction Information. Examples of this include date and time of your orders and other transactions, what you purchased, special requests, payments and gratuities.
Purpose: We collect, use and store the information to (i) fulfill your orders, (ii) analyze your use of the App in order to improve our services and those of our partners for you, (iii) offer you relevant promotions and advertisements, (iv) improve the App, including identifying usage trends and (v) create databases of information that we may sell to third parties.
- Aggregated Information. We may also use aggregate personal information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, research, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes as long as the end-product does not uniquely identify you or any other user of our App.
You may also provide information for publication or display (“Posted“) on public areas of the App or websites you access through the App (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. This information includes certain details of your access to and use of the App, other traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App including pages you visit, links you click, and your interaction with emails from us.
Purpose: We may use this information to (i) personalize your experience by identifying products and services that interest you, (ii) evaluate our marketing, advertising and promotional campaigns and tailor future campaigns to your preferences, and (iii) improve our services.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device, software and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, an Ad identifier, the type of device, including manufacturer and model number, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, internet service provider, and the device’s telephone number. We may also use technology from some of our partners that enable use to recognize and contact you on different devices.
Purpose: If we collect this information, we will use it to (i) enhance security, (ii) diagnose and fix technology issues, (iii) personalize both your use of the App and advertising served to you, (iv) perform analytics and identify usage trends, and (v) improve the App.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
Purpose: We access this information to enable you to share content or promotions or invite third parties to connect with the App.
- Analytics Information. We may collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics You can learn more about Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
Purpose: We use analytics to monitor our users’ traffic, usage and demographic trends in order to improve our services.
Purpose: We use location information (i) to personalize our services for you, such as suggesting local restaurants and identifying local promotions, (ii) to expedite orders and deliveries, (iii) to help prevent fraud, and (iv) as part of the analytics we use improve our services.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device. Note, however, that opting out of the App’s collection of location information will disable its location-based features.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). We are not able to respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your browser at this time.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include cookies, Flash objects, web beacons, embedded scripts, mobile SDKs, location-identifying technologies as mentioned above, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”).
Purpose: We may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (i) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it each time you use the App; (ii) deliver personalized content; (iii) make our services available to you across multiple devices; (iv) perform analytics on our services; (vi) identify and fix technical issues; (vi) detect fraudulent and other unauthorized activities, (vii) improve our services and for other internal purposes, (viii) create databases of information that we may sell to third parties.
Information We Receive from Third Parties
We may receive information about you from third parties, including personal information (as described above).
Information we receive from third-party sites you use. We may receive information when you access our services through a social network or verification service, such as Facebook or Google. These services provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name, email address, address book and contacts, or other information. Similarly, when you like, follow or share content about us on Facebook, Twitter, or other sites, we may receive information that you allow the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive depends on such third party’s policies and your privacy settings on their sites.
Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from the restaurants using our services, from enterprise partners, from co-marketing partners, service providers, and from other third parties.
Purpose: We use this information from third parties to (i) manage your use of our services, (ii) send you advertising or promotional materials, (iii) personalize our services for you, (iv) protect against cyber-attacks, and (v) improve our services.
We do not control the manner in which third parties providing your information utilize it, and any questions or requests regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us by third parties should be directed to such third parties.
Information Collection by Third Parties
When you use the App, certain third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include (i) advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers, (ii) analytics companies, (iii) your mobile device manufacturer, (iv) your mobile service provider, (v) other service providers, (vi) restaurants or enterprise partners, (vii) social networks and verification services through which you access our services, and (viii) co-marketing partners.
The information third parties collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. (See “Our Ad Policies”) http://www.komidaz.com/ad-policy/
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Our Ad Policies. http://www.komidaz.com/ad-policy/
How We Use Your Information
In addition to the uses cited above, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Personalize our services for you.
- Communicate with you.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Run analytics and improve our services
- Enhance the security and technical quality of our services.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Other purposes disclosed at the time we collect the information.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Forecast usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We use location information we collect to identify restaurants and other businesses that may interest you or that are offering promotions..
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Third-Party Sharing Opt Out”
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- Restaurants and Order Support. To restaurants, point of sale providers, payment processors, delivery services in order to fill your orders, including updating you about order status. We may also disclose your personal information to restaurants to facilitate your participation in rewards programs if you choose to so participate.
- Enterprise Customers. If your company, educational institution or organization participates in one of our enterprise programs, we may share some of your information with that organization including your name, organization ID number, contact details, order history, and other information as required to enable use by you and the organization of such Services.
- Contractors/Service Providers. To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support the App, who provide services such as website hosting, data analytics, IT services, advertising, security services, fraud detection and similar services.
- Advertising, Marketing and Promotions Providers. We may share personal information with third parties in connection with offering promotions, delivering targeted advertising, and other marketing efforts.
- We may disclose personal information to restaurants and brands from which you have placed orders. They, and their affiliates and service providers, may send you information on promotions and other marketing materials based on their own privacy policies.
- Advertising. We work with ad networks and advertising providers to delivery personalized ads to you on our App. These parties may collect information directly from your browser or mobile device through tracking technologies, such as cookies, when you use the App. Please see Our Ad Policies at http://www.komidaz.io/ad-policy/
- Social Networks. We disclose personal information on these networks so that we can deliver personalized content to you on such networks.
- Other Third Parties. We may compile databases containing personal information about our users that we sell to third parties that will use the data for commercial and other purposes.
- Information you post such as ratings and reviews, photo uploads, and chats. Because such information may be available to other App users, please do not disclose your personal information in these public or interactive areas. Please use caution when deciding to disclose any other information or materials in these public areas.
- Compliance with Law. To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- Corporate Transactions. To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Komidaz Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Komidaz Inc. about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- Your requests. To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- Other disclosed purposes. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- Consent. With your consent.
- As reasonably necessary. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Komidaz Inc., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may become inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Promotions Opt Out”.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Targeted Advertising Opt Out”.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Sharing Opt Out”.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Residents of Nevada
If you are a resident of the State of Nevada, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt-out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect. To submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada opt-out.”
Residents of California
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Shine the Light request.”
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located in the United States and Bangladesh behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
To register a complaint or concern, please contact
Privacy Resolution Center
12110 Sunset Hills Dr.#600
Reston, VA 20190